Saturday, April 7, 2007

9: Nightriderz

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bless me readers, for I have sinned. It has been 10 days since my last update.

The landlord called us in the middle of the week and announced he would be coming by to pick up some things from the attic. At the time, our house was a total mess, and we freaked right the fuck out.

Since then I have been busting my ass every waking hour cleaning the place, or recovering from exhaustion from doing so. So not so much with the Fishheadman. However, I've had much time to think about FHM and contemplate the increase of quality.

I tried a new technique with this page, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome. I drew the comic on a piece of graph paper, which allowed me to use the lines to measure things. Then I scanned it, cleaned it up, and adjusted the panels for optimum framing. After all this, I printed out the result, taped it to a piece of bristol board, and inked it on my light box. It's a variation on a technique Eric from Minimalist Stick Figure Theater told me about.

Next page, I do believe I'll try drawing different layers of the comic on different pages, to give it more of an animation feel, and allow me to really go into detail without making the colorization process a nightmare.

For those who didn't get the punchline, go read Questionable Content.

No comments:

Blog Archive